Monday, November 10, 2008

Time out to Sew!

Saturday I taught a Square in a Square class at Cactus Quilts in Texas City.



There were just two students, mother/daughter who are members of my guild so this made for a fun day as we really got to visit while we worked.



The project was Christmas Exploding Star, it works up really quick the SnS way -- no triangles to cut!



Both ladies got their inner blocks pieced and together, all that's left is to add a pretty border and quilt it in time for Christmas!



Since the class was small and I was demonstrating the blocks I decided to go ahead and work on a sample for myself. This is new fabric I purchased at Quilt Market a few weeks ago. My plans are to use the Exploding Star as a center and make this a medallion quilt -- in my spare time of course (grin). Just don't have the heart to think of this as the beginning of another UFO (unfinished project)....but realize that it's not probably not going to get worked on again until the first of the year. Oh well, gives me something to look forward too!

I have another class set up next week to teach the same project, this time to six ladies in my studio...so stay tuned for more photos!

No comments: