Friday, May 8, 2009

Sneak Peak - what's on the frame


I managed to play catch up a little today after being distracted the past two days. Thought I'd give you a sneak peak of the beautiful custom gracing my frame this week...This was a block of the month a year or so ago from Quilts By the Bay, I quilted the original shop sample and now one of the ladies who signed up for the BOM has brought me hers to quilt...I'm doing it a little different -- love to play around with new ideas. This is a sampler quilt with log cabin settings. Instead of doing a 'running' feather down the quilt I'm doing mirror image feathered hearts in each log cabin block and enjoying how it's turning out. Each sampler block is done differently of course and there's three narrow borders as well as a wide border that you'll just have to wait until I'm done to see how it looks (aren't I the meanie).

It felt good to get back to work today, but unfortunately this quilt isn't going to be finished by mother's day....I had to stop this evening and toss out all the bad food in the current refrig and get hubby to pull it out so we can mop under it in preparation for the new one sometime Saturday. Key word, sometime. Ya'never know when those delivery guys are going to show up - depends upon how they pack the truck! Another lesson in patience.

The interesting thing is I'm expecting out of town guests sometime tomorrow so that's going to compound things as far as a trip to the local grocery to restock all those items we had to toss. Ah, such is life!

So stay tuned sometime next week I'll post the finished quilt on my webshots along with a couple of others that I've finished recently. I really do quilt in my spare time (grin).

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend spent with family and friends! ko

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love your BOM from Quilts By the Bay....I think I bought this same fabric about that time while were staying at Crystal Beach. We used to stay every year.....I still saddened at the loss in that area. I know they will come back. This blogging thing is very new to me & if you take a look it will be obvious. Not sure how to even get my picture to show up when I click on "follow" someone....LOL
I enjoyed your pics of the Kingwood Quilt show....my sister & I went and had a lot of sister fun.
Till next time, Kathy