Monday, January 4, 2010

A Ray of Sunshine


I think I've mentioned before that I don't do cold (give me a tropical vacation any day!) nor do I handle dark depressing days very well. Seems we've had a lot of that lately. Sometimes it seems like it's been years...

Then out of the blue there was a ray of sunshine, and I took it as a time of rejoicing.

After running my errands I decided to drive through the local Mickey D's to get a coke and then knew I needed to go to the bay to unwind, reflect, pray.

I've gotten in the habit of bringing my camera where ever I go - never know when I'll see something inspiring (grin). Well, I realize that the Bacliff pier isn't that inspiring, but the calmness of the water and the brightness of the day was what I wanted to capture and record.

I can do a lot of thinking watching the water. Pondering really. Soul cleansing perhaps. Reflecting on the interesting twists in life. Sometimes life can throw some mean curve balls, other times there's so much joy that that too can be overwhelming or even confusing.

A new year, a renewed hope, a reminder that I'm not who I was, but that I'm still becoming who I am to be. A refreshing new knowledge that I'm loved for who I was, who I am, and who I will be. That I am truly blessed....

Deep thoughts for this shallow mind (grin). And all that from a ray of sunshine that just popped into my life today and distracted me for a little while from my work.

Tomorrow I'll post progress photos of the current quilt on the frame - it's a real beauty with fall leaves. I'm enjoying working on it. I hope that my customer is pleased with my efforts.

Time will tell. About a lot of things.

1 comment:

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I do so understand the not liking the cold and really loving the water. I spent time at the beach on both my birthday and Christmas. And wonderful for the creative spirit.