Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let it Snow Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Here on the gulf coast we don't see much snow...in fact there's a really cute country music song that says "they don't have white Christmases in Houston"

BUT!!! I just got a text message photo from my son and ta da it's snowing!

Okay, I admit, you have to really look close to see the snow - and most folks north of here would just call this a flurry and NOT snow - but ya' gotta understand we haven't seen snow here since Christmas Eve 2004 and probably a good ten years before that! So if we get excited over a couple of snowflakes ya' gotta give us some good ole understandin'

So far there's none of the coveted white stuff in our yard - this photo was taken further "inland" -- here on the bay we are about 6 to 8 degrees warmer than where my son was (and yes, that's his truck, he's a true redneck and proud of it - you do know that this is a "cowboy Cadillac don't ya?)

Above Houston and northern surrounding areas they have had flurries all day. I keep poking my head outside to see if any has floated down south. Poor Pixxie won't even stick her nose outside it's sooooo cold. You have to remember, yesterday it was almost 70 degrees, so a drop down in the 30's is quite a shock - almost as much as the snow!

I'll keep checking....in the meantime, if you haven't heard this song perhaps you should request it on your local radio station, it's really a good one and pret'near the truth!


White Christmases In Houston song lyrics from the album Merry Christmas by Branded

If you dream of horse-drawn carriages
Dashing through the snow;
Before you move to Texas
There's something you should know...

That they don't have White Christmases in Houston.
I've lived here most my life and I should know.
I've prayed and I've pleaded for way too many years
But they just don't have White Christmases down here.

I've heard of winter carnivals in Aspen.
It looks just like a winter wonderland.
But remember while you're freezin' throughout this Christmas season
We'll be down here with Christmas cheer and flip-flops in the sand.

I've seen all those Christmas shows on TV.
Blankets of white powder; my, how grand!
But while you've got snow and holly, I'm feastin' on tamales;
Sittin' on my back porch with an iced tea in my hand.

That they don't have White Christmases in Houston.
I've lived here most my life and I should know.
I've prayed and I've pleaded for way too many years
But they just don't have White Christmases down here

No comments: