Friday, March 20, 2009

I'd rather be quilting

This is NOT how I like to see my longarm -- covered in papers. But alas, when you have your own business the government allows you the privilege to be a bookkeeper for Uncle Sam and I have to take time every now to perform those duties.

You can tell I've been bogged down this week because my walls are still bare -- missing in action in this photo is my cheery yellow Grace Mountain quilt that normally hides the "interesting" wall paneling (it and others were my 'decoration' in the A-1 booth last weekend in Dallas). I miss their color that brightens up my studio, beckoning me to enter, to come in and play, to dance with joy.

Soon. I keep telling myself soon.

Yes, soon things will be back to "normal" the papers will be cleared away and once again the machine will be humming and graced with a beautiful customer quilt that's eagerly awaiting to be finished and returned to its maker. I know this to be true even though the paperwork and other obligations appear to be insurmountable. This too shall pass! I just need to "stay strong" and "be diligent"....

He giveth power to the faint, and to them that have not might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40;29-31


3 comments:

BarbCarol said...

I understand your frustration perfectly. I am glad not to have a business. When it came time for me to do taxes, I always had a greenhouse full of 10,000 plants at peak bloom that required daily care. It made for long days and short nights until I got the tax documents ready for the CPA.

Millie said...

Karen, good luck getting all your paperwork done! I know exactly what you are talking about and would rather like to quilt than doing taxes too.

Pam said...

Karen this is too funny.. as I am doing my thread inventory.. ( a little late.. but) tax appointment is Tuesday.. I would so rather quilt than do paperwork.
so I will be doing paperwork.. all tomorrow i'm sure.

I am not having fun.. and I'm sure... you arn't either!!