Friday, November 14, 2008

Quilts of Hope, blankets of love update

3 boxes FULL of quilts arrived this afternoon (Friday) I will be photographing them tomorrow (Saturday) and attaching a note before they go out to our Ike survivors. The note includes the name and address of the person who made the quilt...just a piece of information and encouragement.

I'd really like it if you'd link to Ginny's blog to read a letter she got today concerning the blankets of love http://ginnysquilts.blogspot.com/2008/11/letter-from-fernando.html

For reference, Ginny and her daughter Torrie were the ones who started the in flow of quilts...on the side bar of my blog you will see a link to Torrie's interview at her local TV station.

Thanks to all who have sent quilts and to those who have sent notes that quilts are coming! I hope to have more to report about soon.

ko

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing such a good job organising the "blankets of hope".

Thank you for sending me over to Ginny's blog. What a wonderful letter she got from a 10 year old boy loving his quilt.

My prayers also goes out to the missing plane members and there family's. May they return safe home.

Millie