Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

What a beautiful day to spend with family! We joined my husband's parents and one of his brother's family for a nice luncheon. It was a rare moment when I had all of "my guys" together - work schedules usually get in the way. Handsome lot dont' you think? well, at least I do! and I guess that's all that matters.

Wanted to let you in on a secret -- our favorite place to "escape" is LaBrisa We go there at least once a week, on a Sunday night if at all possible because they usually have a band. It's our local "vacation" -- I wish I would have taken a photo of the fabulous mural on the wall -- it makes me feel like I'm in the tropics and if you haven't figured out by now, I just love anything beachie!


LaBrisa is family to us... especially after Hurricane Ike, seems like we really got to know several of the wait staff and now we are greeted with hugs and hand shakes when we come in. We just love it. Makes me feel "small town" in this sea of being squeezed between Houston and Galveston. We know we are always welcomed there and can always count on a wonderful meal and excellent service. This is Amanda -- she's become a good friend, not only is she friends with son #1 but she's the daughter of the proprietors. She's one busy lady! LaBrisa is only days (weeks) away from opening a second location and Amanda has been the lady in charge! It's really rare when we get to visit with her these days and we always love chatting with her. She has her own blog so you might want to take time to get to know this special lady.

One thing we always enjoy is the local bands. My what talent! Although we aren't' dancers we really enjoy watching those that are...to the far right behind the waitress and next to the speaker is our "favorite" dance couple (he has the white hat). We don't know their names, but they are "regulars" just like us and they are always great on the dance floor. Makes me smile. I love seeing folks enjoying themselves.


La Brisa is a happy place. Full of great people that work there, great patrons, and great local bands. Tonight was Overstreet. I don't know anything about them, except we've heard them twice and think they are very talented. They play a lot of classic rock and music of "my" generation. This is one of the members of the band -- she likes to really interact with the guests as she plays her fiddle to Orange Blossom Special.


In this photo I caught a rare glimpse of Amanda NOT behind the camera lens but on the dance floor doing her best to do the Cotton Eyed Joe. I told her this was my payback for all the photos she takes of us! We have been in several of the LaBrisa ads in the local magazines -- something we feel honored to be a part of because we truly love and support this local establishment.


So if you are in our neck of the woods and want great food, a professional wait staff, and lots of fun then visit LaBrisa and tell them "karen sent me"

No comments: