Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Exciting Quilt News!!

I just checked my email and had the most wonderful news -- earlier today I did an online entry for my recent quilt, Starry Starry Night, to be considered for this year's Innovations Quilt Show -- today was the final day to enter and guess what!! The acceptance email was in my box just a few minutes ago!!! (nothing like waiting until the last possible minute to enter!!) If you've kept up with my blog you know I didn't quilt this quilt to be a show quilt, but more of a tribute to the memory of my dad. I actually just found the deadline to enter yesterday when I was surfing quilt websites -- I don't normally do this sort of thing since most of my quilts are just every day fun usable quilts for the family. I'm not even sure why I entered this...however, I believe every quilt has a story to tell and I'm pleased that this event gives my quilt "a voice" and an expanded audience for my tribute to my dad and I hope a witness to my faith. The event is in Tacoma Washington in October. Unfortunatelly I will be unable to attend - I'm hoping some of my online quilting buddies will be there and send me photos!!

For those of you unfamiliar with this event here's a quote from their website:

"Innovations is a Machine Quilting Conference dedicated to promoting machine quilting in all formats. Whether quilting on a domestic, short arm, or longarm quilting machine, beginner or advanced...you will find classes and products to expand your quilting techniques and knowledge base! We have an outstanding faculty and a wide variety of vendors, a quilt show, challenge quilt, fun quilting events, and so much more! Innovations is also a great place to meet other longarm quilters, share experiences, and make new friends!

Innovations is the ONLY event of its kind on the West Coast!"


Wow - wish I were going! But very thankful my quilt will be in attendance. This certainly adds to my sweet dreams tonight as I drift off peacefully (grin)

No comments: